OregonLive.com: Justin Herbert looked very good during his NFL debut Sunday.
The rookie quarterback, who learned he would make his first NFL start just minutes before kickoff, produced a solid performance during the Los Angeles Chargers’ 23-20 overtime loss to Kansas City in a Week 2 game.
Herbert, the No. 6 pick in the 2020 NFL draft, completed 22-of-33 passes for 311 yards with a touchdown and an interception. Herbert also ran for touchdown and finished with a 94.4 rating. Herbert started after veteran Tyrod Taylor sustained a chest injury during pregame warmups and was a late scratch.
The rookie quarterback throws for a touchdown and runs for another Sunday during the Chargers' 23-20 overtime loss to Kansas City.
—More from News Feed—
- Aztecs ‘Work in progress’ as they open conference play against Boise State
- USC, Lincoln Riley end reporter suspension after ‘productive conversation’
- Could a promotion-relegation style system come to college football?
- Oregon’s Hayward Field will host 2024 US Olympic Track & Field Trials
- Jonathan Smith, Mike Elko attractive Michigan State head coaching candidates
- For BYU’s Darius Lassiter, Big 12 opener at Kansas is incredibly personal
- Wilner picks of the week: Colorado faces its toughest challenge, by far
- Utah football fully embracing ‘next man up’ mentality
- Former Boise State players guiding Idaho HS athletes through coaching
- WSU defensive tackle Rashad McKenzie out for the season, says Jake Dickert
- USC linebackers preparing to ‘get that juice back’ against Arizona State
- Brian Fish returns to assistant coach position for Oregon men’s basketball
- Oregon vs Colorado football game tickets reach ridiculously high prices
- Oregon football recruiting visitor list vs. Colorado
- Promotion/relegation in CFB? Game-changing idea could help save Pac-12
- Aztecs ‘Work in progress’ as they open conference play against Boise State - September 21, 2023
- USC, Lincoln Riley end reporter suspension after ‘productive conversation’ - September 21, 2023
- Could a promotion-relegation style system come to college football? - September 21, 2023