By Matt Weiner, The Spear SJSU: San Jose State survived this round of conference realignment. The Mountain West might even benefit from it. ESPN’s Pete Thamel reported, the ACC is “seriously considering” adding Stanford and Cal, which would likely result in Oregon State and Washington State joining the Mountain West. This would greatly benefit the Mountain West’s bottom line.
But – if the Mountain West underwent a realignment situation similar to the formerly known PAC-12 in the next couple years, could SJSU make it out alive? The conference’s media deal will expire following the 2025-26 season.
Read the full story…
SJSU and the Mountain West survived this round of realignment – but – can it survive the next round a few years from now?
Looking for more SuperWest team news? Find it at our Team News Feed
—More from News Feed—
- Crawford: Predicting the first College Football Playoff top 25 poll
- Pac-12 football Player of the Week Performance Awards for Week Five
- CBS Sports power rankings of all 133 college football teams
- Stanford QB Justin Lamson calls out self, offense for lack of big plays vs UO
- Kalen DeBoer evaluates the value of Washington playing in a close game
- 247Sports’ preseason Top 25 basketball rankings for 2023-24
- Shedeur Sanders stands up for teammate after loss to USC
- O.J. Simpson calls on USC to fire defensive coordinator Alex Grinch
- Kaye: For the second straight season, Boise State has a QB controversy
- Michael Penix says Washington has a standard to uphold
- Vinnick: Pat McAfee proves he’s College GameDay’s blowhard-in-chief
- 247Sports’ college football Week 6 bowl projections
- Next up for Cal, the toughest 5-game stretch in program history
- Lincoln Riley backs Alex Grinch, says defense ‘doesn’t look like last year’
- Quality, not quantity of penalties doom ASU in Berkeley
- Crawford: Predicting the first College Football Playoff top 25 poll - October 2, 2023
- Pac-12 football Player of the Week Performance Awards for Week Five - October 2, 2023
- CBS Sports power rankings of all 133 college football teams - October 2, 2023