By Jay Drew, Deseret News: College football teams often decline to name a starter at a given position in an attempt to keep opponents guessing.
But keeping the identity of a starting field goal kicker under wraps? That’s a bit odd, and doesn’t carry much strategic value, if any.
Read the full story…
BYU football: Cougars’ special teams coach Ed Lamb said after practice Tuesday that Jake Oldroyd or Justen Smith will handle field goal kicking duties against Notre Dame.
Looking for more SuperWest team news? Find it at our Team News Feed
—More from News Feed—
- The Pac-12 just had its best year yet but it was two years too late
- Oregon director of speed and performance headed to Mississippi State
- How would an employee model impact the state of college athletics?
- Kalen DeBoer on whether UW carries any confidence over from 2022 Alamo Bowl
- New Trojan DC D’Anton Lynn shares vision for USC defense moving forward
- Who will broadcast departing Pac-12 schools’ football spring games?
- Social media reacts to Colorado landing top-ranked 2024 OT Jordan Seaton
- Michigan finalizing massive contract offer for Jim Harbaugh, per reports
- Dillon Gabriel’s Alamo Bowl status not yet finalized, per Brent Venables
- Husky WR Rome Odunze played through punctured lung suffered against Arizona
- Stanford OL Levi Rogers announces return for 2024 season
- UCLA defensive end Laiatu Latu takes home 2023 Lombardi Award
- Former UCLA QB Dante Moore expected to take a visit to Oregon
- Kenny Dillingham called Notre Dame to sell Irish on ASU transfer Jordan Clark
- Report: Colorado hires former NFL lineman Phil Loadholt to coach OL
- The Pac-12 just had its best year yet but it was two years too late - December 8, 2023
- Oregon director of speed and performance headed to Mississippi State - December 7, 2023
- How would an employee model impact the state of college athletics? - December 7, 2023