ESPN: On the morning of Sept. 13, handicapping the probability of a Pac-12 football season happening in 2020 would not have been a straightforward exercise.
It had been more than a month since the conference announced it was postponing all athletic competition until at least January because of the coronavirus pandemic. And even though college football was being played in several regions across the country, governmental restrictions in California clouded the possibility for the Pac-12 to reverse course and join the party.
A delayed start, no fans in the stands, fewer games, opt-outs of key players -- the Pac-12's return to play comes with even more concerns of relevancy to make the CFP.
—More from News Feed—
- Jedd Fisch details how financial benefits of Big Ten played into his decision
- USC RB coach Kiel McDonald departing for NFL, Los Angeles Chargers
- ‘Then quit’: Dillingham rebukes complaints about college coaching challenges
- G5 coaches speak out on programs becoming ‘farm system’ for Power Four teams
- CU football’s Carter Stoutmire changing positions ahead of sophomore season
- Why trend of CFB coaches bolting to NFL, lesser jobs has no end in sight
- Johnny Manziel says father secretly tried to negotiate for $3M from Texas A&M
- Players opting to appear in new EA Sports CFB video game will receive $600
- 247Sports: Pac-12 hoops tournament projected seeds, schedule, tiebreakers
- CFP officials discuss expanding to 14-team playoff in 2026
- 247Sports: 2 from SuperWest among CFB’s recruits who could play right away
- Deion Sanders drives 51% jump in Colorado multimedia revenue in 2023
- CBS Sports: Early CFP predictions under 5+7 model in 12-team format for 2024
- Kirk Schulz says ‘not a lot of support’ for Pac-12 in 2026 CFP contract
- Injured Husky center Franck Kepnang officially out for rest of season
- Jedd Fisch details how financial benefits of Big Ten played into his decision - February 22, 2024
- USC RB coach Kiel McDonald departing for NFL, Los Angeles Chargers - February 22, 2024
- ‘Then quit’: Dillingham rebukes complaints about college coaching challenges - February 22, 2024