By Eric Prisbell, On3 Sports: In the coming days, if you hear those affiliated with the Big 12 try to peddle the argument that this round of expansion adds substantial value to the league, don’t buy it.
Adding BYU, Cincinnati, Houston and UCF does two things: preserves Power 5 autonomy and acquires more live inventory. It’s worth repeating: There is no replacing Texas and Oklahoma; they are two of the biggest brands in college sports and perennially attracted the overwhelming majority of eyeballs to the Big 12.
Read the full story…
The Big 12 will live on. Given the state of the conference just a few weeks ago, that in and of itself is a victory.
—More from News Feed—
- Deion Sanders says Pat Shurmur ‘most likely’ to be Buffs OC next season
- Deion Sanders says CFP committee made ‘business’ decision with FSU snub
- Heisman Trophy names Daniels, Harrison Jr., Nix, Penix Jr. as finalists
- Wildcats to treat Alamo Bowl as ‘championship game’ after breakout season
- Seven from Pac-12 in latest PFF First-Round 2024 NFL Mock Draft
- Texas co-OC Jeff Choate named Nevada Football head coach
- Oregon State turns to Anthony Perkins as DC for Sun Bowl
- Dan Lanning offers ‘no pushback’ on Oregon Fiesta Bowl opponent Liberty
- Transfer portal’s best available QBs after Aidan Chiles, others enter
- Spencer Danielson named Boise State football head coach
- Oregon 4-star OL commit Jac’Qawn McRoy takes official visit to Colorado
- One analyst thinks the CFP’s snub of Florida State may have killed the ACC
- UCLA QB coach Ryan Gunderson hired as Oregon State OC
- Utah receiver Devaughn Vele has declared for the NFL Draft
- Oregon among potential landing spots for Oklahoma transfer QB Dillon Gabriel
- Deion Sanders says Pat Shurmur ‘most likely’ to be Buffs OC next season - December 4, 2023
- Deion Sanders says CFP committee made ‘business’ decision with FSU snub - December 4, 2023
- Heisman Trophy names Daniels, Harrison Jr., Nix, Penix Jr. as finalists - December 4, 2023