By Associated Press via ESPN: Arizona State announced a self-imposed bowl ban over the weekend for alleged infractions under previous football coach Herm Edwards.
The school defended the ban on Tuesday after taking criticism for the timing of the decision.
Read the full story…
Saying the school seeks to "help pave the way for program stability and greater clarity going forward," Arizona State on Tuesday issued a statement defending its choice to impose its own bowl ban for the rebuilding Sun Devils this season.
Looking for more SuperWest team news? Find it at our Team News Feed
—More from News Feed—
- Crawford: Predicting the first College Football Playoff top 25 poll
- Pac-12 football Player of the Week Performance Awards for Week Five
- CBS Sports power rankings of all 133 college football teams
- Stanford QB Justin Lamson calls out self, offense for lack of big plays vs UO
- Kalen DeBoer evaluates the value of Washington playing in a close game
- 247Sports’ preseason Top 25 basketball rankings for 2023-24
- Shedeur Sanders stands up for teammate after loss to USC
- O.J. Simpson calls on USC to fire defensive coordinator Alex Grinch
- Kaye: For the second straight season, Boise State has a QB controversy
- Michael Penix says Washington has a standard to uphold
- Vinnick: Pat McAfee proves he’s College GameDay’s blowhard-in-chief
- 247Sports’ college football Week 6 bowl projections
- Next up for Cal, the toughest 5-game stretch in program history
- Lincoln Riley backs Alex Grinch, says defense ‘doesn’t look like last year’
- Quality, not quantity of penalties doom ASU in Berkeley
- Crawford: Predicting the first College Football Playoff top 25 poll - October 2, 2023
- Pac-12 football Player of the Week Performance Awards for Week Five - October 2, 2023
- CBS Sports power rankings of all 133 college football teams - October 2, 2023