By David Veenstra, Arizona Sports: A little more than two weeks ago, Mike Candrea just finished a round of golf when the phone rang.
University of Arizona president Dr. Robert Robbins was calling the former legendary softball coach to ask him if he would take on the interim athletic director role.
“I was in my home in Tucson and had just played a round of golf and was enjoying retirement and all the nice things that come with it,” Candrea said Wednesday afternoon at his introductory press conference at McKale Center.
Read the full story…
Arizona interim athletic director Mike Candrea spoke to the media about his new role and all the challenges the university is facing.
Looking for more SuperWest team news? Find it at our Team News Feed
—More from News Feed—
- 247Sports: College football’s 10 big-play wide receivers to watch in 2024
- CFP’s move to 5+7 model improves regular season, adds first-round intrigue
- Dan Lanning breaks down transfer portal philosophy, building team for Big Ten
- The case for why Louisville’s Tyler Shough could be 2024’s Michael Penix Jr.
- CFP Board of Managers unanimously approves 5+7 qualifier format
- Washington locks in official visits with handful of coveted prospects
- WSU’s Jones & Rice sweep weekly Pac-12 hoops awards for historic 2nd time
- Stanford lands commitment from 3-star 2025 OL Josh Williams
- Colorado football assistant coaches to make record amount in 2024
- Former Husky co-DC William Inge latest Alabama defection, lands with Vols
- 247Sports: Five college football transfer portal results to monitor in 2024
- Mel Kiper releases updated Top 10 quarterback rankings for 2024 NFL Draft
- Tommy Lloyd gets extension with Arizona men’s basketball thru 2028-29
- 10 daring CFB predictions from 247Sports: USC to lose 4 games in 2024
- Pac-12 appoints Teresa Gould as commissioner to lead future of conference
- 247Sports: College football’s 10 big-play wide receivers to watch in 2024 - February 20, 2024
- CFP’s move to 5+7 model improves regular season, adds first-round intrigue - February 20, 2024
- Dan Lanning breaks down transfer portal philosophy, building team for Big Ten - February 20, 2024