By Robbie Weinstein, 247Sports: The long-speculated result finally happened this summer when the Pac-12 essentially broke apart with major brands Oregon and Washington joining the Big Ten. As a result, the Ducks and Huskies will join USC and UCLA in the Big Ten for the 2024 season as the league will stretch from one coast to the other.
Never before has a conference of this size and quality depth existed. While the SEC arguably still holds an edge in terms of the average quality of its teams, the Big Ten figures to routinely send 14 or so teams to the postseason.
Read the full story…
Eight of 247Sports' national recruiting analysts ranked the new Big Ten programs by potential on the trail.
Looking for more SuperWest team news? Find it at our Team News Feed
—More from News Feed—
- Crawford: Predicting the first College Football Playoff top 25 poll
- Pac-12 football Player of the Week Performance Awards for Week Five
- CBS Sports power rankings of all 133 college football teams
- Stanford QB Justin Lamson calls out self, offense for lack of big plays vs UO
- Kalen DeBoer evaluates the value of Washington playing in a close game
- 247Sports’ preseason Top 25 basketball rankings for 2023-24
- Shedeur Sanders stands up for teammate after loss to USC
- O.J. Simpson calls on USC to fire defensive coordinator Alex Grinch
- Kaye: For the second straight season, Boise State has a QB controversy
- Michael Penix says Washington has a standard to uphold
- Vinnick: Pat McAfee proves he’s College GameDay’s blowhard-in-chief
- 247Sports’ college football Week 6 bowl projections
- Next up for Cal, the toughest 5-game stretch in program history
- Lincoln Riley backs Alex Grinch, says defense ‘doesn’t look like last year’
- Quality, not quantity of penalties doom ASU in Berkeley
- Crawford: Predicting the first College Football Playoff top 25 poll - October 2, 2023
- Pac-12 football Player of the Week Performance Awards for Week Five - October 2, 2023
- CBS Sports power rankings of all 133 college football teams - October 2, 2023