CBS Sports: College football season is arriving, without the Big Ten and Pac-12 participating. But even with just three Power Five conferences — the SEC, ACC and Big 12 — scheduled to be in action beginning in September, you can bet there will be at least one close loss that a fanbase blames on poor officiating this month.
Don’t expect fans to take it easy on the officials this season just because they are adjusting to some new rules for the 2020 season. A couple of the new rules even have a direct impact on the officials as they will no longer be using traditional whistles and will now be under a time crunch during replay reviews.
A closer looks at the college football rule tweaks that will be implemented for the upcoming 2020 season
—More from News Feed—
- Aztecs ‘Work in progress’ as they open conference play against Boise State
- USC, Lincoln Riley end reporter suspension after ‘productive conversation’
- Could a promotion-relegation style system come to college football?
- Oregon’s Hayward Field will host 2024 US Olympic Track & Field Trials
- Jonathan Smith, Mike Elko attractive Michigan State head coaching candidates
- For BYU’s Darius Lassiter, Big 12 opener at Kansas is incredibly personal
- Wilner picks of the week: Colorado faces its toughest challenge, by far
- Utah football fully embracing ‘next man up’ mentality
- Former Boise State players guiding Idaho HS athletes through coaching
- WSU defensive tackle Rashad McKenzie out for the season, says Jake Dickert
- USC linebackers preparing to ‘get that juice back’ against Arizona State
- Brian Fish returns to assistant coach position for Oregon men’s basketball
- Oregon vs Colorado football game tickets reach ridiculously high prices
- Oregon football recruiting visitor list vs. Colorado
- Promotion/relegation in CFB? Game-changing idea could help save Pac-12
- Aztecs ‘Work in progress’ as they open conference play against Boise State - September 21, 2023
- USC, Lincoln Riley end reporter suspension after ‘productive conversation’ - September 21, 2023
- Could a promotion-relegation style system come to college football? - September 21, 2023